Saturday, January 22, 2022

Math to Prose and Back Again

 

I just got tired of studying; the material in Lindeburg’s guide just wasn’t interesting anymore. While I could cruise through many topics not relevant to the mechanical exam I will be taking, I was now in the heart of Thermodynamics, a subject I needed to understand closely.

I had a long-neglected writing project that bubbled up to the top of my head. I guess the idea had been simmering subconsciously, because the words flowed easily once I started typing. I had drafts written on loose-leaf paper, yet I didn’t need to reference them to get my point across.  The topic? Maritime tips for a friend’s career guide that he is writing. In two leisurely nights, the task was done. When I finished, I even had the motivation to hit the engineering books again.

No comments: