Friday, October 3, 2008

Fretting about the Future

Here we are, stranded five workdays away from Columbus Day. But we still have two weekend days, but I have a lot of typing to do- lab reports, etc. Otherwise, History class will be the first thing Monday morning. Remember how I said that I maintained in the mid-90's last year? That system gave me A's all year, balanced with a little HW-grade boost. But I had a little slip-up, and scored an 86-on a 100 point test that made up 2/3rds of the grade. BUt the great thing is, the points are easy to move around. If I score a 93 (28/30) on a DBQ (AP-style Document Based Question), then average goes up to 88. Now if a test were 96 (as frequently happened last year), then average goes up to 91... Yes, I should have made a proper guesstimate regarding 'inclusion'- D is usually the best choice when lists are involved. But in the great scheme of things, the 'real' grade doesn't balace on two multiple choice questions. Yes Yes. It's the first advisory time already. And not to get started about the Physics grade of C...

No comments: