Thursday, December 10, 2009

TRON, Road Test Version

In real life, things work perfectly so often that one doesn't know what to do when things don't go as expected. Simulators are meant to serve this purpose, when creating a real situation is out of the question. Of course, you can have a simulator that reflects the perfect world. THis is often used in the math and science worlds.

"You failed your drivers test!?"
"If you call it that"
"You know, I can't speak to you anymore"
"Well, you..."
"What did I say!?"
"start with a construction zone, and the
test inspector tells you you should have ignored..."
"You liar! There's no construction on the test course!"
"I took it in DC"
"City driving?"
"They would"

I was going somewhere new in Maryland recently, and passed by the Gaithersburg road test course. I suspected that it had to do something with bad drivers... I did hear though, that the test is routine, safe, quick and failproof. Maybe fail resistant. I even doubt that part of the test includes interaction with other bad drivers (that would look cool in a movie, when the staff coordinate over walkie-talkie to pesker the new driver) .

The grass is greener on the other side...

No comments: