Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008

Is it a good year?
Oil hit $100 a barrel and stocks were the worst for the first trading day of a new year since 1983. Oil is bound to pass the $102 mark, the inflation-adjusted all-time high. But this year is going to be a good year, says the television psychic I saw yesterday. Feathered dresses are in style this winter, I heard, from the Today Show before I flipped the channel.

Impediments
It's the first working day of 2008! Of course I would have liked to blog on 1/1/08, the first (no buts no coconuts) day of the year, but here's why: viruses and a younger brother. No, those did not give me the flu, but that is what made my computer inaccessible yesterday and just about every day I missed blogging since Christmas. Virus program runs for hours on end, little brother is addicted to that game; Chris Sawyer's Locomotion. Not to attack him improperly, I must also say that he's been doing online high school applications. So there. While he's away in New York I take advantage of having a computer so conveniently ready for me. Have to be grateful for those times of uninterrupted web work.

No comments: