Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17, 2008

Getting up at 5:00 am is something that makes me tired later in the day. I left home at 5:45am to make it to school by 7:00am. Surprisingly, by the time I boarded the E2 at Fort Totten, it was already bright out, but still a bit chilly. The 36 of us and 4 chaperons boarded a 3-bus tandem to the Green line, boarding the train at about 7:20. The train was already standing room only- I do remember also that the aisle was already congested. It was tolerable until Chinatown, where Red Line passengers met the train. There was a delay entering into L'Enfant Plaza, where the Orange/Blue cross. It so happened that the train ahead of ours was overburdened and broke down, as I later saw on TV. Waterfront, Navy Yard. The platform looked like Tokyo's subway it was so crowded. The transit police had it set up so that 1/2 street SE was a walkway to the stadium's security checkpoint. Seated by 8:30am. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the altar from my seat. However, I was able to see the pope in a drive-around in the popemobile, with window open. I was within 50 feet diagonal of Him.

I have to stop here for tonight. I have a T+Q in Math and Latin tomorrow.
And it is my birthday.

No comments: