Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And now from our sponsor...

If you want to see what every single currency is worth compared to any currency in the world (even herself/ pecunia, pecuniae f.) visit xe.com. This includes those hyper-inflated ones like Zimbabwe, where one village person who has one US dollar would be worth 29,999 Zimbabwe dollars. (courtesy of a 24,059% inflation)
Phish stix.

So for MLK day yesterday I did not do nothing, rather I went to a FREE special performance that included a large gospel choir, Denyse Graves, Elanor Holmes Norton, and, with the use of that oxford comma, lots of important people in the audience who will be up for re-election this year. That's Kennedy Center. For Free? For Free. Then I had a Chinese dinner.

But in the morning...
I had a violin lesson at 9:30 (got up at 8. Ugh!) Then I studied in the Georgetown Univ. library with a picturesque view of Rosslyn and the river. Then I went to KC.

1 comment:

Mr. V. said...

Dear Mr. Sawatzki--

As you seem a bit of a traditional grammarian, I would like to point out that the first sentence of your second paragraph requires a semicolon (rather than a comma) after "nothing." IC ; ca IC(DC). Remember? Know this by Monday!

I do find your blog interesting, however, and I see a nice narrative style developing. Keep it up, and please never name any birds "Sweetie."