Thursday, January 31, 2008

New York Weekend for under...

Scheduled outage at 4:30 PM PST, again.

Now that you know how to get to New York for under twenty dollars, I think you can also stay the weekend and get back for under $100, inclusive, without sleeping in the Subway. I couldn't tell you everything about it now, because I would not include all the ethnic places at discount prices. Even if I discouraged you from going to a whole list of these enclaves because of crime, I couldn't eliminate honestly. So basically, I could toss you the stay-close-to-Chinatown version, but I couldn't go into detail about, say, Little Jamaica. But it basically involves taking a Chinatown bus, eating cheaply in an immigrant enclave, and sleep in some Jersey City turnpike stop with the coupon you found in the travelers' hotel savings guide, which you picked up at the rest stop. It can be done, I believe. I'll try it sometime...maybe in three years.

No comments: